European Forum for Freedom in Education
effe is offering on a regular basis internships to graduates at the effe office in Brussels for a duration of 6 months.
This internship at effe offers a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience in EU affairs, advocacy and educational issues.
- Assistance to the effe director and the rest of the effe staff
- Monitoring the latest European news / activities in EU education policies;
- Preparing and participating in conferences;
- Updating the website;
- Gathering information and drafting notes/reports/up-dates on specific issues for the effe newsletter;
- Preparation and assistance in meetings;
- Performing various administrative tasks.
Qualifications required for the internship
- Higher Education Degree;
- Fluency in English and German is required, other languages an asset;
- Interest in educational issues;
- Knowledge of EU institutions and their workings;
- Web expertise;
- Ability to take the initiative and independently plan to meet deadlines;
- Self-motivated, very well organised and fast, positive attitude.
English and German are the working languages in the office. Only candidates with sufficient skills in both languages will be considered. The interview will be conducted in English and German.
The internship will be based in Brussels, Belgium.
No financial remuneration is offered. (For grants, please check the European Leonardo Programme opportunities with your university or the national Leonardo offices in your country).
Applications received after the announced deadline will not be considered. Due to the expected high number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. All interviews will be held via phone.
The European Forum for Freedom in Education (effe) is an NGO in the field of compulsory education. We see our organisation as a forum in which all current issues concerning education in Europe can be discussed.
The members of effe are committed to:
- safeguarding the human dignity of each child and young person and promoting the development of his or her individual qualities
- respecting fundamental human rights as the basis for all education and training
- empowering children and young people to act as responsible members of society
For more information please visit: www.effe-eu.org